Charitable Support to Individuals and Families in the Greater Bridgeport, CT Area Since 1813
Make a Donation
APPLY FOR HELP
The mission of the Bridgeport Ladies Charitable Society is to provide financial assistance to individuals in the Greater Bridgeport area in their times of need.
Since our inception in 1813, we have helped thousands of our neighbors with a broad spectrum of requests. Some which we funded this past year include:
- Summer camp scholarships for children in need across the Greater Bridgeport Area
- Emergency or transitional expenses
- Payment of utility bills for cancer patients undergoing treatment and overwhelmed by medical expenses
- Housing assistance and household expenses and repairs
- Medical needs
- Educational materials and tuition aid
- Security cameras for clients fleeing abusive relationships
- A new wheelchair for a young man with MS
The Giving Basket
Since 1813, The Bridgeport Ladies Charitable Society has assisted thousands of individuals in need. If you would like to help BLCS continue their good works, please consider donating.
Communities We Serve
BLCS offers financial assistance to individuals and families who reside in the Greater Bridgeport area. This includes the city of Bridgeport and the surrounding towns of Easton, Fairfield, Monroe, Stratford and Trumbull.
Those Whom We Have Helped
For over 200 years, we have helped people who are encountering personal hardships, are in crisis situations or have critical financial needs which might not be met by traditional agency support.
Request for Assistance
Requests are by referral only. The BLCS Managers review applications from local agencies and community & religious organizations at their monthly meetings. To request assistance on behalf of your client, click the link below.